ABOUT OUR PARTNERSHIP WITH OCHSNER
Louisiana Women’s Health (LWH) is thrilled to share that we have reached an agreement to become part of Ochsner Health, effective May 1, 2021. This is exciting news about the future of OB/GYN services in Baton Rouge and across Louisiana, as the partnership brings together the state’s largest private practice for women’s health services with the leading and most technologically advanced health system in the Gulf South.
Our relationship with you is personal and important to us. That’s why we wanted to take time to explain why LWH and Ochsner are better together, and how this new, strategic partnership will continue to enhance the quality of women’s healthcare services in Baton Rouge.
But first, we want to let you know what’s not changing for you:
- LWH patients will continue to have access to the same outstanding physicians and services they know and trust today.
- Our offices will remain at our current location on the campus of Woman’s Hospital.
- Deliveries and procedures will continue uninterrupted at Woman’s Hospital.
- We will continue to accept the same insurance coverage for our providers and services.
As part of Ochsner Health, we’ll be able to provide the same, exceptional care in new and innovative ways. We’ll build on the expertise of Ochsner’s extensive regional network of women’s health providers and implement leading-edge technologies. Ochsner’s focus to remain at the forefront of health information technology means that we’ll be able to roll out advanced digital health tools rarely used by organizations of our size, including:
- Epic electronic health record system – the gold standard in electronic health information software. We will implement Ochsner’s instance of Epic to improve care coordination, patient registration, online scheduling, clinical integration and streamline billing – all of which makes receiving care at LWH even more convenient and accessible.
- MyChart patient portal – You will be able to easily schedule appointments, communicate with your physicians, view imaging results and access health information from your smartphone.
- Connected MOM Program – Expecting moms will be able to send information including weights and blood pressure readings to their LWH care team digitally to help them virtually manage their healthcare from home.
- Enhanced Access to Primary and Specialty Care – LWH patients will have enhanced access to primary and specialty care as part of Ochsner Health.
- Telemedicine – Over time, LWH and Ochsner will work together to enhance telemedicine services to provide women across Louisiana with the highest level of prenatal care.
We hope you are as excited as we are about the innovations that will soon be available through LWH and Ochsner Health. Together, we will be able to grow and expand access to coordinated care and bring better value to our patients in ways that we would never have been able to do alone. Best of all, LWH and Ochsner are aligned on our vision to improve the health and lives of women across the entire state of Louisiana. We are proud to unveil our new, co-branded logo that reflects our partnership with Ochsner and our joint commitment to delivering best-in-class women’s health services now and for generations to come.
Thank you for the privilege of allowing us to care for you and your families since 1997. Please visit our FAQs page for answers to additional questions about our new partnership with Ochsner. If you have any additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.