LOUISIANA WOMEN’S & OCHSNER PARTNERSHIP
This page has been developed to provide you with answers to frequently asked questions about the new partnership between LWH and Ochsner Health. Please email email@example.com if you have any additional questions.
Why is LWH partnering with Ochsner?
LWH is passionate about caring for women and taking care of our employees. We continually look to improve health outcomes, improve the experience of care for women, enhance access to care and use information technology in more advanced ways to meet the evolving needs of our patients – and to do all of this in the most cost efficient manner possible.
We chose to partner with Ochsner because:
- We share similar values. Like us, Ochsner is committed to the health of women across the state and committed to their employees.
- We share a common vision. Ochsner has a vision to improve the health rankings in our state across the board, moving Louisiana from the bottom of the rankings to 40 or better by 2030. LWH physicians are excited by this vision and want to be part of achieving this goal for our patients – and all women – in Louisiana.
- We know technology enhances the care we provide. Ochsner has invested in Epic, an industry-leading electronic health information software. LWH will install the Ochsner instance of Epic, which will improve care coordination, patient registration, scheduling, clinical integration and streamline billing. Epic will effectively coordinate care for LWH patients, allowing them to have better access to their own health information through Epic’s patient portal, MyChart.
- Through MyChart, patients can easily schedule appointments, communicate with their doctors, request prescription refills, and view visit summaries, lab and imaging results from their laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- With Ochsner, we’ll be able to implement this technology for our patients at a fraction of the cost and time it would take to do so on our own.
- We can grow services. Ochsner is a leader in developing innovative products to improve patient experience and outcomes, especially when it comes to obstetrics and gynecology. Together, we will be able to grow our services, offering even more for the women who trust us with their care.
- We can reduce the cost of care. As we look to grow into the future and provide services for generations to come, working with Ochsner means that we can purchase supplies and equipment at a significant savings to our organization due to Ochsner’s scale. Ultimately, this reduces the cost of care for our patients.
We must continue to evolve to meet the needs of our patients. As part of Ochsner Health, we will be better positioned to identify growth opportunities, implement best-in-class technology, and offer digital medicine tools in the most effective way possible.
Ochsner is nationally recognized as a healthcare leader, treating nearly 900,000 patients from every parish in Louisiana, every state in the U.S. and more than 70 countries. Last year alone, Ochsner conducted more than 2.5 million patient visits. By partnering with the healthcare leader in Louisiana, we can continue to grow and deliver even more innovative care to the women in greater Baton Rouge.
How does this partnership affect my relationship with my physician? Are you relocating?
Nothing changes today for our team or our patients:
- LWH patients will continue to have access to the same outstanding physicians they know and trust and the same services offered today.
- LWH offices will remain at our current location on the campus of Woman’s Hospital.
- Deliveries and procedures will continue uninterrupted at Woman’s Hospital.
- We will continue to accept the same insurance coverage for our providers and services.
Will you move deliveries to Ochsner Baton Rouge The Grove or O’Neal campuses?
No. LWH will continue to provide services at Woman’s Hospital, including baby deliveries, surgical procedures, mammograms and patient visits in the same location – on the campus of Women’s Hospital.
Will your logo or brand change?
Yes. We will transition to a co-branded logo that reflects LWH becoming a part of Ochsner Health. Our organization’s name – Louisiana Women’s Healthcare – will remain the same.
What can I look forward to as a current or future LWH patient?
Our strategic partnership allows us to accelerate the rollout of digital technology that will enhance and improve the quality and delivery of women’s health services in Baton Rouge. Our staff will be able to serve our patients more efficiently while also bringing you additional benefits. Here’s a look at what is coming:
- Epic: Epic is an industry-leading electronic health information software that will improve care coordination, patient registration, scheduling, clinical integration and streamline billing. This allows patients to have better access to their own health information through MyChart.
- MyChart: Through MyChart, patients can easily schedule appointments, communicate with their doctors, request prescription refills, and view visit summaries, lab and imaging results from their laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- Connected MOM: With the implementation of Epic, LWH patients will have access to Ochsner’s Connected MOM program. Expectant mothers can use their smartphone to enroll, then easily send their weight and blood pressure readings in real time to their OB care team. By staying connected virtually, the care team can more easily recognize trends or issues earlier and provide ongoing prenatal care. Ochsner has welcomed nearly 3,000 babies whose mothers have benefitted since the program launched.
- Enhanced Access to Primary and Specialty Care – LWH patients will have enhanced access to primary and specialty care as part of Ochsner Health.
- Expanded telemedicine: Over time, LWH and Ochsner will work together to enhance telemedicine services and provide women across Louisiana with the highest level of prenatal care.
Why is Ochsner the right partner for LWH?
Ochsner’s national reputation, statewide presence and mission make them a natural fit for LWH. Ochsner is committed to improving the health and well-being of communities across Louisiana, and their willingness to think differently and innovate healthcare will allow LWH to offer more for our patients.
In addition to sharing strong values and a common vision to positively impact women’s health, Ochsner and LWH both put people first – our teams, our patients and our communities. We will share one powerful mission and core values that will guide our decisions, inspire our actions and influence our relationships with patients, colleagues and communities.
Through a spirit of collaboration and a commitment to transparency, Ochsner and LWH will learn from one another while building a strong future together. We will share our cultural strengths and best practices while adapting together and remaining open to new opportunities that further improve and differentiate us.